1) DX711 - "New Age Collection" ranges from moody, ethereal and metallic textures to bell-like, crystalline and spectral variations. Included are sounds inspired by the current crop of “vector” synths, a wide variety of Rhodes sounds, percussion and guitar timbres, strings, and sound effects. Just when you thought they had closed the book on the DX7II... these sounds are a “must-add” for your SSU library! Sounds include “Dual Dulcimer,” “Goldentines,” “Rhodes and Strings,” “Chorused Moog,” “Vox Waves” and more.
2) DX712 - "Super R&B" is just what the DJ ordered to make your dance, pop R&B, hip-hop or rap music come alive! Included are a wide variety of solid “staple” sounds such as electric grands, clavs, organs and analog synths, as well as an assortment of orchestra hits, super basses, funky guitars and cold chillin’ DJ sound effects. This is definitely one soundbank that will make you think twice about retiring your DX7II FD! Sounds include “Synth Brass Section,” “Classic B3,” “Miami Clav,” “Can’t Drive 55,” “Funky Bass & Guitar” and more.
Included are .syx (sysex) files for MIDI transfer and native Yamaha files that can be saved directly to a pre formatted SY77 floppy disk for loading into the SY77's floppy disk drive.
All TG/SY 77 banks/disks feature 64 Performances and easy loading instructions.
1) SY/TG703 - "Manhattan Collection" makes extensive use of the FC controller, mod. wheel and aftertouch. If you need classic FM-style voices as well as authentic analog sounds—complete with filter sweeps and unlimited timbral control over the brightness and resonant mix of each voice—this collection is a must.
2) SY/TG704 - "California Collection" is a brilliant compilation of technologically advanced sounds. This collection is L/A studio at its best; killer strings, pianos, organs, basses, and more! And don’t forget the moody atmospherics made popular by alternative artists like The Cure and Depeche Mode!
3) SY/TG706 - "Atmospheric Textures" is ‘fantasy’ based - almost all of the sounds included are designed to evoke feeling and and create special mood atmospheres. Melodic sounds and more traditional sound effects are also included in this pastoral collection. If you enjoyed our SY77 “Alchemy Collection,” you’ll love this new ‘chemistry’ set. On every patch, effects and panning are fully implemented, as well as individualized programming of mod. wheel 1, mod. wheel 2 and aftertouch.
4) SY/TG707 - "Pop Music Collection" features mellow pop sounds as well as standard rock motifs including David Foster-type pads and pianos, distorted rock organs, Lukather lead guitar, Gibson L4 guitar, Segovia classical guitar, Sanborne pop saxophone, Maynard trumpet, Toto brass, basses, synth sounds, special effects and drum kits that range from Techno to easy listening round out this grab-bag of pop/rock sounds, textures and themes. Sounds include “LookMaNoFrets,” “Brass Kits,” “Duran Slap,” “Stevie Clav” and more.
5) SY/TG708 - "Film Textures" includes classic digital sounds, analog sounds and sounds unique to the SY77 are included in this ‘soundtrack’ collection. On every patch, effects and panning are fully implemented, as well as individualized programming of mod. wheel 1, mod. wheel 2 and aftertouch.
6) SY/TG710 - “Wavestation Impressions” contains evolving, transitional textures utilizing vector synthesis and wavesequencing are in great demand now, and this bank gives us the opportunity to display yet another facet of the SY77’s amazing flexibility.
Not only do these patches give you access to these cutting edge sounds, but these are patches you can actually use!
Unique slashing leads, animated comping voices and otherworldly pads will add that state-of-the-art edge to your music, whether you’re into industrial/urban, new age, film or contemporary pop music.
7) SY/TG711 - "Progressive Analog Textures" unveils the perfect bank for those yearning for the fat, beefy analog sounds of yesteryear. From resonant, filter rich sawtooths to pastoral pulsewave pads, this bank is sure to delight those who miss their old Moogs, Oberheims, Arps and Prophets. Featuring cutting leads like “Mini Steel,” “Edge Solo” and “Pulse Lead,” lush analog pads like “Fat Ox,” “Poly Fat” and “Sweetsweep,” as well as useful comping patches like “Rhodes” and “Klavier,” and a variety of wondrously punchy synth basses. You’ll also find an array of familiar analog effects patches, classic organs and more.
8) SY/TG712 - "Dual Element Drums & Percussion" has been designed with the “home demo” musician in mind. Whatever your personal approach to assembling your demos may be, this disk can work for you. There are kicks, snares, and toms as single voices, using both elements of AWM, and RCM combinations of AFM and AWM elements. There are also four element voices which have kicks and snares set up in a split configuration on the keyboard. A bank of percussive voices is also included.
9) SY/TG713 - "Dreamtime Collection" is a disturbing collection of creative atmospheric-type patches from the majestic landscapes of New Zealand that goes far beyond any other collection of this type. Dreamtime Collection is designed for the new age or film scoring artist, or anyone desiring an etheral touce in their music. Sounds include "Dune," "NASA," "Dough," "Ghost," "Ants," "Fleet," "Alien," "Dark" and more.
10) SY/TG714 - "Killer B3’s" is an invasion of startling simulations that’s bound to set SY77 owners buzzing with excitement. Carefully researched vintage B3 sounds with a variety of realistic leslie and stop simulations give you some of the most authentic recreations ever programmed. Full implemention of the Data Slider and mod. wheel controllers deliver dynamic performance expressivity, whether you’re a Jimmy Smith jazzer or a Deep Purple head-banger. Get the best of the B3’s—without the backache!
11) SY/TG715 - "Radical Soundtrack" provides atmospheric, metallic, moody, ethereal, dramatic, and just plain indescribable sounds for your next film or soundtrack project.This sound-bank’s loaded with dynamic textures that can be served up “as is” to complete your scoring ideas, or they can serve as ultra-inspirational “springboards” that you can further edit according to your own wild imaginings! We’ve included many “evolving,” vector-synth-type modern timbres, classic dramatic analog synth patches, and outstanding evnviornmental patches in this soundbank. Sounds include “Metallicus,” “Sand Horn,” “Space Mtn,” “Swamp,” “Stardust,” “Creaker” and many more.
12) SY/TG716 - "Industrial/Cybertech" features bizarre, esoteric textures ranging from metallic clangor to raw, aggressive staples like mutated basses, radioactive comps and cybernetic leads. Evoking desolate landscapes and ravaged doomsday scenarios, these 64 patches offer a virtual nuclear waste disposal site of deliciously toxic fare. You’ll find this bank to be a perfect complement to your particular brand of musical nihilism. Sounds include “Cyber Swamp,” “Robot Dancer,” “NeuroSweep,” “Flesh Over Metal,” and many other appropriately de-humanized selections.
13) SY/TG717 - "Symphonic Collection" is appropriate for modern and classical composers alike, and offers a complete and comprehensive collection of orchestral timbres that are accurate down to the last sonic detail. Included are all manners of solo and ensemble strings, various brass sounds, woodwinds and reed instruments, percussion, and even a harp and a Steinway grand piano! If you are a newcomer to orchestration, the patch descriptions include helpful suggestions for proper registration and playing techniques. Sounds include “MstrViolin,” “Reed 5ths,” “Brass Ens 1,” “CncrtSnare,” “Big Strings,” “Gershwin” and many more!
Each of these SY22 banks contain 64 new performance patches and 64 single patches and easy loading instructions.
1) SY201 - SY77 Impressions contains many of our distinctive SY77 patches from the SSU and Yamaha libraries reprogrammed for the SY22. Loaded with everything from moody atmospheric textures to evolving vector soundscapes, these banks offer an expressive sonic palette for everything from film to acoustic and new age. Sounds include “The Drone,” “SeaOfTime,” “BATMAN” and more.
2) SY202 - Proteus Impressions is packed with the best of the classic Proteus sounds—without the Proteus price tag! Featuring concert emulations, exotic percussion, lush atmospheric pads and much more—letting you cover all your musical bases. Sounds include “HallStrings,” “LatinPrc,” “DarkWorld” and more.
3) SY203 - Vector Atmospheres offers a colorful panorama of new sonic possibilities, ranging from subtle timbral animation to complex, shifting “film score” textures. Tasteful vector transitions are programmed into each sound, but you’ll also find these banks to be a springboard for your own vector explorations as well.
4) SY204 - Ultimate Top 40 gives you all the tools you’ll need to recreate the sounds of the chartbusters, from Rap and Rock to the electro-pulse of Techno—with a hundred flavors in between. Fat synth basses like “Moogbass,” wall-of-sound guitars like “Majestic,” as well as “Mercury,” “Synergy,” “Matrix6,” “D-50 Horns,” “Maxipad” and “RX5 drums” are just a few of the many selections included, all programmed to achieve the contemporary edge. The perfect resource for live and studio work!
All SY85/TG500 banks contain 64 new performance patches and 64 single patches and easy loading instructions.
1) SY801 - Super R & B is a collection of patches designed for current top forty and dance styles, with plenty of fat synths, production overlay material, and musical staples for live and studio.
2) SY802 - Country/Acoustic Folk offers a variety of distinctive country guitar and ensemble sounds, as well as a collection of traditional folk and acoustic instrument sounds such as fiddles, zydeco accordions, harmonica, dulcimers, and much more.
3) SY803 - Hybrid Textures is a diverse collection ranging from classic synth recreations to rich digital textures, and provides a colorful and useful palette of sounds suitable for any musical style.
4) SY804-Radical Film Textures features complex electronic soundscapes and timbres suited for film scoring, new age and experimental genres.
These soundbanks originally for the SY77 were both critically and commercially successful, and these two SY99 disk sets contain the best of those popular collections.
Each disk set contains 320 voices, optimized with new effect settings and voice edits for the SY99.
SY971 - "Pop/Rock/R&B" is the ultimate accessory for SY99 artists who require commercially viable, yet original patches for a variety of rock, top 40 and R&B applications. Includes the following optimized SY77 soundbanks: Progressive Analog Textures; Manhattan Collection; Rock & Roll Classics; Platinum Collection; California Collection.
SY972 - "Atmospheric/Film" is a monstrous grab-bag of film scoring and other atmospheric-type textures! Features plenty of beautiful instrumental voices and ethereal pads. This is a wondergful collection of programming that defies adequate description! Includes the following optimized SY77 soundbanks: Film Textures; Dream Time Collection; Alchemy Collection; Atmospheric Textures; Wavestation Impressions.
Each of these SY99 disks contain 128 patches.
SY901 - "Radical Film Textures" features plenty of evocative digital soundscapes, fat analog pads, surreal instrument hybrids, bright percussive patches and plenty of unique (and occasionally frightening) sound effects perfect for those Lynchian projects. Sounds include “Sustainoid,” “Machine Pad,” “Anti-Gravity,” “Synclavier 1,” “Sci-Fi Pad,” “Combi Bass,” “Fallout Pad,” “India Jam!” and more.
SY902 - "Vector Emulations" is a collection of electrifying “vector-synth”-type timbres. These are dynamic sounds which often change dramatically as you continue to hold down the keys. The timbres range from atmospheric and ethereal to metallic, industrial, sci-fi and beyond! These are cutting-edge sounds in a distinctive class of their own, perfect for film score, soundtrack, new age and contemporary, effect-heavy music. Sounds include “X Wave,” “Morlocks,” “Mars,” “Terminator,” “Andromeda,” “Lectracalm,” “Spun Glass,” “Swamp,” “Watercave,” “Plasma” and more.
SY904 - "Rock, Pop & Roll" features acoustic & electric guitars and pianos, analog & digital synth emulations, rich brass, powerful basses, analog pads, and of course, killer percussion. All designed for no-nonsense play. Sounds include “Brass Hits!, “Clean Strat,” “Electric Grand,” “Rock Bass,” “Oberheim!,” “Anapad,” “Dance Drums” & more.
SY905 - "Killer B3’s" is an invasion of startling simulations that’s bound to set SY99 owners buzzing with excitement. Carefully researched vintage B3 sounds with a variety of realistic leslie and stop simulations give you some of the most authentic recreations ever programmed. Full implementation of Data slider and mod wheel controllers deliver dynamic performance expressivity, whether you’re a Jimmy Smith jazzer or a Deep Purple head-banger. Get the best of the B3’s, without the backache!
Each of these TG33 dual banks contain 128 new performance patches and 128 single patches and easy loading instructions.
1) TG301 - R & B / Industrial is an eminently useful dual bank for all urban dance musical genres. The first half is designed for mainstream and progressive R&B applications, and the second for alternative, hardcore industrial slam-ability; filled with all necessary instruments, a few you’ve never heard, plus killer sound effects.
2) TG302 - New Age / Orchestral is a composer’s fantasy come true! Packed with 128 voices, this special dual bank features the ultimate in ethereal, imaginative new age textures, along with classic, intricate orchestral patches. Perfect for all serious film scoring or progressive new age applications.
All TX81Z banks contain 24 new performance patches and 32 single patches and easy loading instructions.
81Z01 - "Designer Series" includes many digital textures, chordal “effect” patches and sequencing templates complete with FM drum kits. Sounds include “FuturePipe,” “Strat/Bass,” “Movie Pad” and more.
81Z02 - "R&B Dance" is a complete set of digital and analog synth sounds, including basses, horns, pianos, useful splits and effects. Sounds include “MatrixBass,” “BigSnare,” “FuzzGuitar” and more.
81Z03 - "Guitars, Guitars" * is a unique bank designed exclusively for MIDI guitar controllers. The performances range from classical guitar to D-50-type sounds. Sounds include “PhaseGuitar,” “EtherBells,” “Acoustic 1” and more.
81Z04 - "Digital Synths" is a complete set of 4-Op digital synth sounds that emulate the K1, V50, D-20, DX7/DX9, etc. Sounds include “Nostromo,” “Utopia City,” “Bit One!” and more.
81Z05 - "Custom Wind Voices I" * consists of expressive patches optimized for use with a MIDI wind controllers such as Yamaha's WX7/11 and Akai's EWI series. These sounds have great musical depth—our philosophy is to enable maximum control for MIDI wind controller users. We carefully made each patch unique and characteristic. Sounds include “Sweet Lead,” “Heavy WX-7,” “Why Me” and more.
81Z06 - "L/A Collection" is a special dual bank that is actually a condensed version of our D-50 and M1 sounds (originally designed for the Yamaha V50) in TX81Z format. Sounds include “EvolvoWire,” “Zzz! Blade,” “Fantasia,” “Razor Pad,” “Chime Time,” “Mysterial” and more.
81Z07 - "Classic FM Collection" includes DX7-style Rhodes pianos, Hammonds, analog textures, basses and other DX7 favorites. Performance effects are utilized to produce the ultimate TX81Z re-creations of classic DX7 staples. Sounds include “FatClav,” “DX Bass,” “IceSweep,” “Electro,” “Full Horn,” “WarmMini” and more.
81Z08 - "TV/Film Collection" was designed for TV/film and new age music styles and includes an array of sounds that range in polyphony from 1-note “monster” sounds to 6-note Oberheim textures. Sounds include “Robo-Bass,” “Alien,” “Fuzztone,” “Osmosis,” “Quirks,” “Green Men,” “Space Pan” and more.
81Z09 - "Soundtrack Collection" is a dual soundbank designed for movie soundtrack applications, inspired by works such as Star Wars and The Abyss. This fantastic collection includes many simulations of Korg’s M1 Workstation programs. Comes complete with ethereal pads, textures and other special effects. Sounds include “Aqualung,” “Air-Raid,” “Eruption,” “Mars” and more.
Each disk set contains 100 patches and 100 performances.
(V501) "New York Collection"
In the urban melting pot of the Big Apple, musical boundaries blur and mix like the cuisine. Here’s a bank of 100 patches and performances with all of that piquant East Coast flavor—spicy, diverse and full of energy!
You’ll find a full menu of no-nonsense staples like pianos, synth and electric basses, guitar and synth leads, contemporary “comp” patches like synth clavs, layered pianos, and crisp analog emulations.
There’s plenty of production overlay material too, like lush strings and synth pads, fat brass and delicate new age textures. Naturally, you’ll also find many unique and useful patches that utilize the FM capabilities of the V50.
For those of you who are on the move, there are several ready-for-gigging splits already optimized for live performance, so you’ll be ready to cover all the “basses” at a moment’s notice, whether you’re serving up latin, jazz, top 40, funk, new age... or your own special big city blend.
Sounds include “WindStrng1,” “AnalgPad1,” “Hammond B,” “AtkSynBss1,” “AcousticPno” and many more.
(V502) "New Age Collection"
This disk of Yamaha V50 Performances represents a collection of some of the finest 4-operator voices available. Included in New Age Collection is a bank of textural, atmospheric and melodic sounds. This is a Performance oriented collection but the single voices can be used for sequencing and multi-timbral applications. The Mod Wheel controls vibrato, chorus, and other effects. Foot control alters volume. Pitch Bend is always available and Aftertouch is implemented on some Performances. A demonstration sequence is provided in the (ALL) file on this disk. Enjoy!
(V504) "Multi-Timbral Collection"
There are two main groups of Performance types in this collection designated as SqM and PfS.
These are, respectively, Sequence Multi-Timbers and Performance Splits.
Sequence Multi-Timber (SqM) features a number of individual voices set to receive on different MIDI channels, which allows for independent control of each voice when sequencing.
Many times, a pair of voices will share a single MIDI channel. These voice pairs together form a composite voice where each single voice contributes a unique quality to the total composite. They may also feature detuning, spatial location, volume and effects settings that contribute to the composite voices special quality. This results in some very strong voices, however there may be a resulting trade off in available polyphony.
Most of the voices that make up an SqM Performance have wide range zones, usually over the entire keyboard. This makes available the entire spectrum of the voices tonal range. As each voice (or composite voice) is on its own MIDI channel, there is no problem with overlapping ranges.
You will find that there are many different types of SqM Performances in this library. Some are completely filled, that is, all eight positions in the performance have a voice assigned to them. Among these are Performances featuring many composite voices, while others utilize mostly single voices, thereby offering a greater number of individual lines and timbers. There are many SqMs that have two or more open positions. These have been intentionally left open for you to finish. You know your music best, and the types of voices that are needed.
In fact, think of all of these SqM Performances as being useful in two ways. First, they may be useful to you exactly as they are. You may find them to be just the right combination of voices for you to express you musical ideas. Secondly, they may provide you with a starting point from which you can learn how to best apply Performance level programming to your own type of music. Feel free to look into how these performances were assembled and then go ahead and edit and modify them to fit your own specific needs. Add new individual voices, change transpositions, alter the volume mix and effects settings. Let these SqM Performances be the inspirational springboard for your own music and programming ideas!
The Performance Splits (PfS) series feature many of the same individual and composite voice combinations that are found in the SqM series. Many people will be using the V50 in a live performance setting, and these performances are designed to take advantage of the instruments Multi-Timbral capabilities. With Dynamic Voice Allocation and flexible Hi-Key/Lo-Key zones, a single V50 can take the place of two, three or more keyboards!
We have generally set up three different timbers across the keyboard in each of the PfS series, creating essentially a three way split keyboard. More zones could be created, however the actual playing range on the keyboard, as well as the available polyphony do decrease as the number of zones increase. We felt that three zones was a useful compromise.
As with the SqM series, you will find many of these to be immediately useful. Others you may wish to modify to fit your own music. Feel free to look into all of them for information how to set up your own Performance Splits. We encourage you to make these performances personal. Only you know the needs of the music that you create and perform. Use these performances as the starting point for your inspiration. We have also included some traditional performances that are neither SqMs or PfSs. They are instead full keyboard composite voiced performances. These grew out of the PfS voicing, and frankly, the combinations sounded so good to us, that we felt they deserved a full keyboard treatment! For those of you who wish to experiment, we have included some FM drum templates that can be filled out to create many interesting possibilities. For example, the FM drums can double the PCM drums.
(V505) "Down Under Collection"
Included in the Down Under Collection is a full compliment of standard instruments and not-so-standard instruments in both Single Voice Mode and Performance Mode. Because of all of the requests for single voice listings instead of Performance notes, we have omitted the notes themselves and added a Single voice list in addition to a Performance list.
Mod Wheel controls vibrato, chorus, and other effects. Foot control alters volume. Pitch Bend is always available and Aftertouch is implemented on some Performances. A demonstration sequence is provided in the (ALL) file on this disk. Experiment, create and Enjoy!
(V506) "Urban Pop / Industrial"
If you’ve been aching for some slick and stylish R&B patches, as well as skull-cracking industrial textures, then Urban Pop/Industrial is the perfect accessory for your V50.
Sounds range from “bread & butter” staples such as pianos, guitars, brass, and organs to synthesizer leads, bass sounds and exciting special FX. All the patches are designed to “stand out” in the mix. This bank also contains sounds ideally suited for movie soundtrack and special effects work. Timbres range from machine-like, industrial and “sampled noises” to transparent, airy, atmospheric and mood-invoking special effects. Includes demo! Sound names include “Scratcher 1,” “MetalPiano,” “Jazzy Jam,” “Boombox,” “Rhythmetal,” “Funkman,” “Paula Lead,” “PrinceStab,” “DigitalJam” and more.